Thursday, June 20, 2013

Celebrating Litha

Tomorrow is Litha, also known as Midsummer and Summer Solstice, which means it's time for us witches to celebrate! This is the time to enjoy the bounty of the land, day and night equalizing out, and just in general loving life! Today, I am not going to give two lessons in one day, so if you don't know the history of Litha and would like to, please check out this article.

I, personally, hope to celebrate Litha with Knight and the rest of my family. Hopefully we won't have a storm and can cook out and light the fire pit. This is a time to find a balance within yourself. Everyone has dark and light within us, and because Litha is the time when the day and the night are exactly equal, it's the perfect time for us to balance ourselves out as well.

I'll be spending the day cleaning the house, meditating, and then hopefully that evening Knight and I can have a lovely family meal, and watch the fire dance in the backyard! How will you be celebrating Litha this year?


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments :

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!