Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Spell Candles

I've always loved dabbling with making candles. In the past I tried selling them, but I usually bit off more than I could chew and ended up closing shop. I've been struggling here lately to find a job. It seems like everywhere I've put in an application has over looked me. There are a couple places I've tried calling and nothing seems to work. So I decided since I don't have the money to go to town and pick up a handful of 7 day candles, which I love to keep around, I'll just make them myself. I had 10 pounds of sparkle light container palm wax that I had never even used, so I decided, why not use it up. That's enough for 10 7 day candles, and with it being palm wax, I suspect they might burn even longer. Here are a couple of pictures of the one I made specifically for myself last night.


I used the last bit of green candle dye I had to color this candle, but thankfully I made too much, and have enough for a second candle. 


I was trying to show off the feathering effect that palm wax is famous for, but couldn't get a good angle. I'll take another picture outside in sunlight when I get a chance.

I've been toying with the idea of possibly selling these on etsy, but I'm not sure if I would have a market for them. Would any of you buy handmade palm wax 7 day/novena candles?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!